680 Albert St. E., Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2K6
Our mission, as the Algoma Arts Festival Association, is to enhance life for the people of our northern community by bringing to them the experience of excellence in the visual and performing arts.
The Algoma Arts Festival Association is the presenter of the Algoma Fall Festival, a multi-disciplinary arts celebration held each year in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada in October. The Festival maintains a range of programming that includes music, theatre, dance and the visual arts. The Association also delivers the Festival of Learning; an extensive arts outreach and education program. The Association was incorporated in 1972 and will celebrate its 40th anniversary in 2012. The Algoma Fall Festival adheres to its founding objectives which have successfully sustained a Festival that celebrates the arts, the community and the individual. These objectives are:
- To promote interest in and study of the arts generally and literature, drama, dance and music in particular;
- To advance knowledge and appreciation of and to stimulate interest in the performing and visual arts and traditions by theatrical performances and otherwise;
- To provide facilities for the education and instruction in the performing and visual arts;
- To provide improved opportunities for Canadian artistic talent; and
- To advance the development of the performing and visual arts in Canada
The Algoma Fall Festival wishes to engage the community on a variety of levels. If you are interested in volunteering for the Algoma Fall Festival please contact the Festival office about how you can support the arts in your community.